Taking stock of your current situation and shifting direction involves much more than a few online assessments. And forget passion. I’ve got a dispute with the whole “find your passion” arm of the career world. According to social science research, passion serves as a viable steering mechanism for only 20% of Americans. That means 80% of us are scratching our heads in bewilderment when the topic of passion enters the conversation.
It’s so easy to spin on the gerbil wheel in your head and get lost about what’s resonating for you and what’s dragging you down. Introverts are notorious for being great thinkers, but sometimes we get too locked into our own heads and we lose sight of some key parts of ourselves. Being in a supportive community as you navigate the trail from here to there (even as you decide where there is!) is vital. Let’s come together and explore some introspective activities that’ll provide massive insight and offer you guidance and direction.
Connecting with others as you explore what’s next in your career offers many opportunities, including:
- Connect to others who share your journey. You don’t have to do this alone. Come together and share ideas, offer sincere affirmations, get injected with a dose of inspiration, cry when it rises up in you, and celebrate when you’re feeling triumphant.
- Explore the best mindset to propel yourself forward. What will fuel you over the long-term as you begin to reinvent yourself? When things get hard, how will you remember what you want to keep going?
- Uncover patterns about yourself and access your inner wisdom. We’ll go so far beyond what your favorite classes were as a child and how you spend your spare time. I talk to many people who worry that “there’s no there there,” but you’d be amazed at what a deep dive in a safe, supportive community will do for you.
- Develop a plan to get yourself from here to there. It’s one thing to decide what you want, it’s another to go out and get it. We’ll do both in this group.
Will It Work for Me?
This group fits you if all of these descriptions are true for you:
- You’re restless about where you are now right now professionally, and you’re really lost about what’s next.
- You’d love to join a group of people who support one another with a focus on connecting rather than fixing, affirming rather than offering advice, and sharing candid truths within a caring environment.
- You define yourself as introverted or ambiverted (in the middle between introvert and extrovert).
- You’re prepared to invest time and money in moving yourself forward careerwise.
- You don’t have any clear barriers that are blocking you right now such as unresolved mental health issues, serious time constraints, or a pattern of being in toxic work environments.
Details About the Group
Meeting Frequency and Location
We’ll meet once/week for six weeks. I offer both in-person (in Fort Collins, CO) and virtual groups using Zoom. Zoom is a video conferencing platform that’s similar to Skype, so you can meet from anywhere – all you need is a webcam and a reliable internet connection. I often hear from my clients that they find the video connection intimate and personal, and prior to our initial meeting, I’ll send out easy instructions about using Zoom so that you’ll be on set on the day of our first session.
Cost and What’s Included
- 6 sessions, spaced in a way that allows you to integrate and percolate your finds, meeting as a group with up to 10 people; each session will be 90 minutes; after these sessions, those who want to stay on to get ongoing support will have that option (this isn’t just a course – it’s a foundation and a community)
- Activities to help you get clear about what you want next in your career and a roadmap to get you there
- All of your questions answered in between meetings
- Structured homework to deepen your learning
- Option to schedule additional individual sessions for 20% off