Taking stock of your current situation and shifting direction involves much more than a few online assessments. And forget passion. I’ve got a dispute with the whole “find your passion” arm of the career world. According to social science research, passion serves as a viable steering mechanism for only 20% of Americans. That means 80% of us are scratching our heads in bewilderment when the topic of passion enters the conversation.
It’s so easy to spin on the gerbil wheel in your head and get lost about what’s resonating for you and what’s dragging you down. Introverts are notorious for being great thinkers, but sometimes we get too locked into our own heads and we lose sight of some key parts of ourselves.
I work with clients over the span of 6 sessions to map what’s next for them. We take a deep dive into how they got to this spot, who they are at their core, and what’s the best expression of them in the world.
Together, we create what I call a Steering Wheel, a one-page document that captures key elements of career construction, including:
- Foundational values that must be in place
- Objections (I split these into 3 categories: pesky irritants, red flags, and dealbreakers)
- Optimal environment (including geographic location and other dimensions)
- Tribe (whom you surround yourself with)
- Money (a topic that uncovers many layers of understanding)
We also use a book called Designing Your Life that includes amazing activities and concepts that allow us to identify blocks and construct pathways to work that’s fulfilling AND sustainable for you.
In between our 75-minute sessions, you’ll get inquiries from me about the role that you want work to play in your life, a guided visualization, links to idea-generating tools, and scripts and instructions for you to feel comfortable creating what I call “probes” so that your decisions are based on data rather than just conjecture.
Your $900 investment gets you:
- 6 sessions that are 75 minutes each, spaced so that you’re progressing at a pace that suits you (some people like weekly sessions while others want more time between sessions to complete activities and integrate the content of our discoveries)
- Activities and inquiries that take you beyond typical online career assessments to the core parts of you
- Recognition of your patterns, both those that amplify your strengths and those that dim them
- Support and connection that’s suited for introverts as well as affirmation of your quiet strengths
- Review and substantial input around your resume, cover letters, LinkedIn profile, and other marketing tools as well as tips for handling interviewing (including scripts and ideas about navigating typical trouble spots)
Set up a free discovery call on my calendar, and we’ll talk about what’s possible for you.